Stuck in the middle...no place I'd rather be!

Monday, September 4, 2023

Willingness Breeds Opportunity

A week has passed and I didn't sit down and make time to blog, even now I'm typing on my phone in bed before I fall asleep instead of on a computer at a dedicated space for a given amount of time. Writing for me tends to be something I do out of passion or raw emotion. If I haven't been moved by something, I don't necessarily write. Yet, I feel like writing is a call to ministry in some way for me,  and if I'm not writing then I'm failing to fulfill a purpose in my life. This week I debated about writing about suicide and then contemplated writing about teenagers losing parents because both of those happened in our tiny community this past week. And both of those things did move me in thought. However, the nudge I'm feeling right now has more to do with notching out time to focus on our purpose. 

I kept telling myself this week that I needed to write, but I just didn't feel that I had anything to say. I never made time to actually put words or thoughts onto paper to see if inspiration would flow. I never sat at my computer with the intention to write. How many times have I wasted words because I didn't give them space to be released? God can't speak through me if I'm not speaking. God can't give me words or vision if I'm not allowing myself to enter a space to receive it wholly. 

I too often believe that God comes as the burning bush instead of the quiet whisper. I know better, but it doesn't make it any easier for me to slow down and intentionally listen for the whisper of the wind. I allow mindless scrolling to infuse my days instead of renewing my mind with knowledge or wisdom or activity worthy of inspiration. 

So, maybe today's blog is more about me waking up and making some changes to my daily habits. Maybe I need to stand firm in personal commitment to myself and God. Maybe writing this tonight is God's way of telling me to make the space and offer the time because willingness breeds opportunity, and opportunities open doors, and open doors lead us to places we are destined to go. Do you have any doors that need to be opened? Is God nudging you toward an intentional commitment in your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment